Saturday, July 1, 2017

Paper Piecing and Stamping

Good Afternoon Victorine Originals Fans!  I wanted to share with you this beautiful Iris stamp I made using one of our very own gorgeous stamps!  You can find it here: Victorine Originals.




I did a technique called Paper Piecing to make this card and I truly love how it turned out. This is what you will need:

  • White Cardstock
  • Black Cardstock
  • Oval Die
  • Oval die with Scalloped edges
  • A colored piece of cardstock for your stamped pieces , of your choosing
  • A matching piece of cardstock for your background
  • A piece of cardstock for your card base to match your colored pieces
  • Momento Black ink for to stamp your images
  • A Stamp of your choosing, from Victorine Originals

This is how I put it together.  although you can find  a few videos on You Tube also.



  • Take the white cardstock and stamp your images in a close arrangement.
  •  Take the regular oval die and position it so the stamps are somewhat hanging off the die so you will be cutting the images off.
  • Cut the scalloped black die and glue the white and black ovals together
  • Now take your pattern paper you want your stamps to be in and stamp your images on the pattern paper.
  • Fussy Cut your images out from the pattern paper.
  • Glue the fussy cut images over the white images in the oval , applying the glue on the white oval being careful not to go over the edge with the glue.  You want your image to hang over the scalloped black oval.
  • Then lay your matching colored background cardstock on your base cardstock and glue
  • I then pop dotted my ovals before I laid them on my base so my images would really stand out and you could see how they hang over the edge.

I really love this technique for stamping and hope you give it a try.  If you do, please share it with us at Victorine Originals.  We would love to see it!

There is still time to join our challenge also!  The theme is Summer Vacation!  Link up your project to our challenge and you could be our next winner!  We look forward to seeing your projects!


Thanks for joining me!

Blessings,









No comments:

Post a Comment